Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Statesville Artisian and Crafters Expo 2015

This is a little late in posting, but a few weeks ago I attended my first craft show of the season.
The Statesville Artisian and Crafters Expo was held in our local mall.  While the show was ok, and the promoters worked hard, there was very little foot traffic.  I think that was because the mall is dying.  :0(  When we first moved down here, the mall was at full capacity, but now there are only a handful of shops there.  I heard that the owner of the mall is letting all the leases expire so they can tear it down and build a strip mall, but I don't see that happening.  That whole area of town is is shrinking.  Oh well, at least I made my booth rental and a little extra by the end of the looooong day.
Here's a few pics to lighten the mood.
This is Rena....she does thumbprint art, AND she had her 18 day old baby with her.  I was impressed. 
This is my spot.  
And this is Mabel...my new mannequin.
My new blue shelves and the modge podged heads, you almost can't tell where the cat chewed one of the noses off. lol
How this for a business card holder? Thank You Pinterest. The only problem was that kids kept playing with the slinkys causing the cards to fall.
 
I met lots of talented people there, and you can see pictures of all the vendors on the SACE 

Now my next show in May is...
Faith Community Fest.  This one looks like a lot of fun.  I bet Hannah doesn't spend much time at our booth during this show. hahaha

Are you participating in any shows this year?

Be blessed,
Debbi

4 comments:

Your Invisible Crown said...

I love the idea of that business card holders! And it always saddens me to see when I 'real' brick and mortar shop closes down. There are quite some empty shops across town here too. Sometimes pop up shops open, and I like that the space can be used again.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Your display is beautiful. I love Mabel. She can really show off your goodies! The business card set up is really unique. It is sad seeing malls die. Malls still do ok where I am in MA but we are seeing more and more "lifestyle malls" where you walk around outside to get from store to store. That is not appealing in then winter time so I find them strange!

Unknown said...

I agree about shops closing down. Especially if they are replaced by the big box stores. While I don't like shopping "per se" I do like discovering unique items in small specialty boutiques.

Unknown said...

I'm not a big mall lover, but I like them better that strip malls...who wants to run around outside in the rain? lol
But over all I much prefer the small local shops as opposed to the bigger store chains.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016