Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Faith Community Fest

This past Saturday I participated in a local festival, The Faith Community Fest.
The promoters did a great job setting this up, there was about 100 vendors, including food, direct marketers, and of course, HANDMADE!!  There was also live music and entertainment.  The weather was nice and didn't get too hot until it was time to pack up. lol
The only down part, there wasn't a lot of foot traffic.  :0(
But this did give me the chance to play around with my tent set up, and to meet new artists.
Look at the new set up.


I love my hot pink tent....so easy to see in a sea of white. lol  The only drawback was it was a little too pinky dark under the tent.  I'll have to look into maybe some pretty string lights and a small generator. And some longer table skirts.  Opps.  I thought I had purchased 2 flat grey sheets, but one of them turned out to be fitted.  Now there are pluses to both, so I'm thinking a flat sheet (for length) with a fitted sheet on top, what do you think?  The small table in the back was a last minute purchase, thus the plastic cover. 


I try to fit the items I offer to the type of show I'm at, the promoter sent out a list of vendors and I could see what else was being offered, so here I had less jewelry and more crochet.  In the basket were some children sized crowns and ninja masks.  And the new card holders were Hannah's idea.  Much easier than the slinky, and easier to carry and display the cards.  They didn't tip over or blow away.  The star blanket turned out to be a wonderful background!


Here's the small table, just the perfect size for these shelves.  I'm working on how to hang cloth from the back to hide where I keep my phone and drinks when I'm sitting back there.  hmmmm, any ideas?


You may recognize these shelves from my last show.  I love the shutter look, but they were just too big and bulky to cart around.  So I had Chuck cut them in half, and they worked out great.  I love the colors of light grey back with the pink/red shelves.  Now I plan to repaint the other shelves to match.  And I like the way the shelves set off the whole tent area as separate from everyone other booth around me.  I also want to get a small area rug, maybe a large welcome mat, to really draw people into the booth.

So, what do you think?
What should I change?
What should I keep the same?

Be blessed,
Debbi

1 comment:

Your Invisible Crown said...

I like your set up, it looks very inviting. And I like the pink :-)

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016