Monday, November 16, 2015

YBC Book Review - America the Strong, Conservative Ideas to Spark the Next Generation, by William . Bennett

I requested the book
by William J. Bennett from Tyndale House for use as part of the homeschool curriculum for Hannah


I love the way it is set up....it starts with an explanation of conservatism, along with a brief history.  Then it is broken up into 5 easy sections.
Free Enterprise.
Limited Government
Individual Liberty
National Defense
Traditional Values.
This book does not explore the views of just one type of conservative, but all of them.  Did you know there was more than one type?  I discovered that being a conservative is many things to many people.
This book now has many highlighted areas...both from me and my daughter.  And I took it one step farther and created questionnaires for each chapter.  
The author, William J. Bennett is the former U.S. Secretary of Education (which is why this was an easy book to turn into a school subject) and is the current host of the 7th-ranked nationally syndicated radio program "Morning in America." 
One of my favorite quotes is "liberal ideals often appeal to the passions and enthusiasm of youth, but wisdom and experience eventually lead people to become more conservative."  I have found that to be true in my own life.  And now my youngest daughter is mostly following in my footsteps, unlike my older children who I raised when I was still very much a liberal myself.  But as they grow, and their children grow, I can already see the tide turning in their opinions.

So, I give this book 4 stars and will use it for the next few years in our homeschool curriculum.

Be blessed,
Debbi

- Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book

No comments:

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016