Tuesday, February 16, 2016

YBC Book Review - The Daniel Fast for Weight Loss by Susan Gregory

Are you looking to get closer to God, and lose weight?  Then look no farther than 


I have tried diet after diet, with little to no success.  I've used apps on my phone to track calories, and steps.  I've cut whole food groups from my menu.  And still....that little arrow on the scale just keeps moving on up.  So I decided to quit dieting and just be happy with my size.  But I'm not.  
Now I have fasted before, several times, but not to lose weight but to walk closer to my Lord and Savior.  So when I saw this book available from Tyndale House for review, I grabbed it.
And I am impressed.
This is NOT a diet book.  This is a lifestyle book, and heaven knows, I need to change my lifestyle if I plan to change my shape.  And I have received a lot of hope from reading this book.
Susan wrote this book in an easy to read format, with lots of scripture and encouragement right from page 1.  Now I am not a vegetable person.  I will buy peppers and cucumbers and stuff, because I know I should, but then they just die a slow, lonely death in the crisper drawer of my refrigerator because I don't have a clue what to do with them.  Susan to the rescue......there are so many easy to follow recipes and menus included, along with a 21 day devotional to feed your spiritual side while you feed your physical side.
I like to highlight books, and this is one of my favorite sentences...
"You will begin to experience a greater division between the worldly-led part of you and the spirit-led part of you."  
And basically, that's what I want...to not have food control me anymore.
Susan also includes a website to help us in our journey to health.
I can't wait to start this new era in my life.
Be blessed,
Debbi

*Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.*

No comments:

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016