Monday, June 3, 2013

my yard sale finds

Two weekends ago we helped our church do a good spring cleaning, and I cleaned up!  My daughter Hannah noticed some baskets in the back of the truck getting ready for a dump run, and before you know, she was dumpster diving...garbage picking is a talent she picked up from her dad. hahaha.  But I won't complain, because I benefited from her enthusiasm.  I got wonderful wicker baskets, beautiful glass ornament hangers, burlap, and other odds and ends, all for free.
Then on the way home, driving fast (Chuck was driving) something caught my eye...and I yelled out
"MILLENNIUM FALCON! STOP!"
I'm sure Chuck thought I had lost my mind...but as a collector of vintage toys, and a mother to 2 boys growing up in the 80's and 90's, how could I pass this up?  The lights and sounds all work...and I got it for only $2.00  What a deal.  Of course, this got our blood going so we stopped at another sale down the road.
That was where I found all this wonderful pine wood.  For $1.00!
Needless to say, I was one happy camper. 
:0)
What was the best deal you ever found in a yard sale?
Be blessed,
Debbi

8 comments:

Thunder Rose said...

How Fun! You found a lot of goodies.

Unknown said...

I sure wish people around here did yard sales! What great finds :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

Wow! Great finds! The Millenium Falcon reminds me of childhood since I was born in the 70s and had 2 older brothers. Star Wars was a huge part of growing up. I used to dress my Chewbacca and Ewok in doll clothes!

Eyelah said...

nice finds!! I don't often go yard sale shopping. I do visit the goodwill every now and then. I found a blender for 4 bucks. It was a sweet deal.

Trina Prenzi said...

You sure found some great things!!

Unknown said...

hahaha...my daughter would tell my boys that they were playing with dolls...and the boys would get indignant and declare "they are not dolls...they are ACTION FIGURES". HAHAHA
Debbi

Unknown said...

that's a great deal....I love goodwill too. but my favorite place to be is an estate auction of an old family farmhouse...the goodies you can find there..:0)

Mulchandmore said...

great finds, can't wait to see what you do with them.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016