Thursday, February 27, 2014

What's new in handmade at Handmade Artists

It's been a while since I visited my friends over at Handmade Artists, so let's check out what's new.
The first item I saw was a new creation from my freind Monika at MyEuropeanTouch.  She does amazing mosaic work, taking old china and boxes and musical instruments, and turning them into something new and amazaing, and BEAUTIMUS.  Like this Mosaic Teapot Table Lamp.  This past fall I had the opportunity to meet Monika in person and she is as beautiful as her creations.  You can read about our visit, complete with pictures, here.
You may not know this about me, but I am super patriotic.  My daddy was a Navy man, and I have many loved ones serving in the military today.  I teach American History, (not social studies) in homeschool, and I still stand and cover my heart when the flag passes me in a parade.  So this lovely USA flag rag rug quickly caught my eye.  My late aunt use to make these rag rugs, so I know just how much work goes into each one, a true labor of love.  You can find this rug in the shop, loynd1959.
I only have one word for this Jarred necklace and earring set...stunning!  I love the look of faceted beads, they catch and throw light like nobody's business.  This set, and many others, can be found at olufemiojetunde.  

Well, these are my finds this morning, but don't just stop with these, you can support small family business and the handmade community by shopping at Handmade Artists, or my shop site, The Craft Star.

Be blessed,
Debbi

3 comments:

Your Invisible Crown said...

That rug looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for mentioning my flag. I proudly display one on my front door and have made flags for our Town Hall and for citizens doing tours overseas.

myeuropeantouch said...

Oh Debbi, my girl....luv you for sharing my Mosaic Teapot Lamp. The body is handmade Mosaic!
In the meantime my shop is spilling over with new mosaic items, come check me out...thank you, Monika

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016