Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Dressing up the Gardens

The temperatures are starting to climb, and today Hubby wants to shop and pick up his vegetables for the garden.  Hopefully we won't go crazy again this year. lol.  Hubby likes having a vegetable garden so he can drive his big tractor, but once he tills and turns and plants, he disappears.  The weeding and harvesting and canning?  Well, that's me.  But I would rather be working in my other gardens.  I have a small herb garden at the end of the back deck, a hummingbird garden near the woods, a rose and lily garden along the side of the house, a pond in the front yard, and grapes bushes and area around my pool and art studio.  It's a good thing I love wildflowers, they need so little upkeep. This week I am going shopping for decor to make my gardens pretty, and my first stop this week is at The Craft Star

I like things that make people stop and look.  I have several items in my gardens that you wouldn't expect, and this Magical Wooden Faerie Door would look cool in my herb garden.  I found this in the shop of Faerie Nursery.


Now this Bright Yard Art from Twins Treasure Trove would be PERFECT for my butterfly garden.  Not only does it have a butterfly, but it's ORANGE! hahaha  Got to have it.  This was created from vintage glassware, and you can find more of this type of yard art in their shop.  The next time The Craft Star has a live sale with these sisters, you have to come and meet them.  They are a hoot!

Oh yeah...this is the kind of house my feathered friends would love to call home.  I found this brightly colored whimsical bird house in the shop of Toms Crafts.  The colors of this house will show through any amount of leaves. 
I love this flag!  It would look great in my pool garden.  And whenever I look at this Parrot of the Caribbean flag, I can think of Johnny Depp.  Ok, it may be a jump, but one I gladly take. hahaha. Hubba hubba Johnny, even with dirty hair and nasty teeth, you are a cutie. :0)  Look in the shop of Floozees Doozees for this flag and hundreds (and I mean hundreds) of other goodies.

Ok, that's my shopping wish list for today.  Remember, when you support handmade, you support small business.

Be blessed,
Debbi

5 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Debbi,
So cute all your garden items. Very whimsical and fun.
Kris

Floozees Doozees said...

Wow, what a fun blog! Thank you so much for including our flag. And I agree about Johnny......dirty hair and nasty teeth.....who cares! ;-) Thanks again. ~Floozees Doozees

Pamela Bates said...

parrot of the carribean....ha! lol!
love the fairy houses and doors.
G usually helps me plant, but then it's pretty much up too me. told him it's too much work. if we're planting, WE are weeding, etc. always worth the payoff though

The Needle House said...

Enjoyed your blog very much. Keep them coming.

Isobel Morrell said...

When I had a garden (nearly 6 years ago) it was all vegetables, fruit and herbs. Reckon there's so much work involved in the exercise that flowrs really don't repay the effort! Don't get me wrong, I like flowers: but, don't like the work involved in growing them! Good luck with your efforts and hope you can restrain the "old man"!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016